![]() |
| Left to Right: 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks, 24 weeks front/side |
People keeping asking me how I feel, and I feel sort of bad that I don't have anything interesting to report...
- I did start with the typical lack of energy early in the first trimester.
- I never had any morning sickness or nausea of any kind.
- I haven't had any acne, swelling, rashes, or other skin- and fluid-related maladies.
- I only had a brief and mild aversion to the smell of car exhaust and other men's colognes, as well as anything that smelled fishy that shouldn't smell fishy (i.e. not fish).
- I haven't had any weird cravings, per se, but I should have bought stock in dairy cows; I can't seem to get enough milk, cheese and ice cream.
- I just started to have the occasional bout of heartburn, which supposedly can be attributed to the baby growing hair (and, hair does determine texture and color right around 25 weeks).
- For now, weird dreams and "pregnancy brain" seem to come and go.
In other news, we're keeping busy with writing our will, prepping the nursery, learning CPR, and finishing the long process of settling in to the house (I promise there will be before/after photos after the last piece of art is hanged and the nursery is finished).
One year ago tomorrow, we arrived in Pittsburgh after a week-long drive from Arizona. Since then, we:
- Planned a wedding
- Helped my parents finish rehabbing one camp and building the other
- Got married
- Got me a job
- Bought a house
- Got pregnant
- Got Matt a job

No comments:
Post a Comment