Friday, June 10, 2011

One Wedding Shower & One Healed Spine

Quick update for everyone:

First, I forgot to include my wedding shower in the last blog. Sharon, my Mom, Sarah, and Rachel did a superb job planning an incredible day for me. There were no stupid, embarrassing game--just great food and good friends. On the menu was four different quiches, an oriental salad, and some mini croissants. There were big edible fruit bouquets everywhere too; however, a certain little junior hostess who will remain unnamed may have eaten every single piece of chocolate-dipped fruit. Drinks included mimosas and sangria; and, dessert was...wait for it...toasted almond torte from the Oakmont Bakery. Mmmm :) I got a ton of wonderful gifts, including one very special gift. Rachel's mom, Carolyn, fixed my grandmother's garter, which is blue and has been worn by my Mom, Marijane, Sharon, and others. Sharon had yummy Russell Stover chocolates and scented candles with a beautiful monogrammed label as favors. All in all, it was a wonderful, perfect day!

Update number two--I went to the ortho yesterday. After less than seven months, my spine is fused! He said I'm okay to go back to 100% regular, normal activities; and, most importantly, we have no restrictions for planning a family. I can't tell you all how big of a weight off my shoulders it was to hear the doctor tell me I'm healed. Granted, it wasn't my awesome surgeon from Phoenix--in fact, it was a dork with a comb-over and a bow tie--but I've been waiting to hear those words since my last check up in late February. I can let out the breath I've been holding, wash away the stress I've been feeling, and start getting back into shape.

Well, that's it. Matt's off to another weekend at Sandy Pond with my Dad - more manly tasks to accomplish. I, however, am off to Bowling Green, where I will hang out with my "bridesmaid" Chris (just kidding - we each have a guy and a girl standing up for us). We're shoe shopping and movie watching and just hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment