Thursday, August 18, 2011

Such a Perfect Day, Epilogue

For the first few days after coming home, and for my mom who was still at the pond, we all couldn’t seem to get enough sleep, and wandered through each day confused and without direction. After four months of wedding-and house-related, deadline-driven tasks, life appeared to be without purpose. We slept and ate and slept and ate, and tried to catch up on life a little.

For my Dad, he has to get his business back on track. For my Mom, she has to cram in some genuine R&R before her new school year.

For Matt, it is time to get serious about the job search. He is researching and interviewing and fretting about needing a new suit. He is trying to figure out what to do when he grows up. And, with his 30th birthday approaching, I’m sure he feels the pressing need to identify a new industry and get started with a fresh career choice.

For me, I had to travel to Arizona for a long weekend with friends, followed by an entire day of meetings at Arizona State University. Between now and December, I will have two full-time jobs. The first—teaching a full load of four sections of Business Writing for ASU—started today, and will be the beginning, lunch, and end to my day of telecommuting. The second—Outreach & Communications Specialist for the IJIS Institute—starts full time at the end of August. Although it will be a long haul of intense hours, I’m happy to be creating a situation where Matt can calmly and purposefully find himself a job.

For the both of us, The Coopers, we are meeting with the bank to discuss home financing options this week, and we are meeting with a real estate agent this weekend to look at some of the properties that are appealing to us. We’d love to be in a home of our own by the end of the year, so we can embark upon starting a family. Otherwise, exploring Pittsburgh is Task #1.

And this brings us to the end of the wedding series. I’ve really enjoyed rehashing everything. There are some videos I will eventually share—mainly, of the ceremony itself—but I want to enjoy my own, private memories for a little while longer before I see the actual video version. With the two full-time jobs starting, you might expect a bit of radio silence from me.

Until the next blog…

No comments:

Post a Comment