Well, I can't say that I'm going to like these new hours--up at 6, at the computer(s) by 7:30--yes, two computers at the same time: one for ASU and one for IJIS--no break for lunch, forced break for dinner, back to the computer for some ASUing before bedtime, with a pinch of reading before I pass out. But, I'm young and energetic, and have the opportunity to make some money doing what I love. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
I'm also adding some physical activity to the mix - finally! Yay! I'm not only pain free and almost back on track, I'm starting to get ahead of the curve. I have a few sessions with a trainer to get started. Then, in a few weeks, I start my cheapo, Fox Chapel Area Adult Education classes: Zumba and pilates. It feels great to get a good workout in, and to not be drowning in painkillers and ice packs.
We started the house hunting process, and would like to be in a house by Christmas. But, if not, we'll settle for any time before feet and feet of snow show up. Matt is combing the Internet for jobs, trying to apply for at least one a day. And the kitties are finally settled in, loving the house to roam and starting to even love each other.
This weekend we're off to Bowling Green to attend the annual Abke family picnic. I get to meet Marcia's extended family AND we get to spend some time with Chris B. Matt hasn't been back to BG in a while, so we plan to walk around campus, soak up the big changes, visit Finders, eat at the grill, revel in our college days. The following weekend, I have to drive to Virginia for a week at IJIS. I can't wait to get to know everyone a little better BUT I have to drive on 9/11, which means I have to find somewhere to watch the Steelers @ Ravens game. Because you know missing that game isn't an option.
We've got a bunch of fun stuff ahead of us: a Pirates game at the end of September (with a free Steve Miller Band show); a VIP signing Chuck P. "Damned" reading and Steelers vs. Patriots at the end of October; Buckeyes vs. Penn State in November (and a visit with an old college neighbor). Let's not forget my Dad's huge friggin pumpkin for Halloween or Christmas lights at Hartwood or endless bowls of chili and spaghetti all winter. What comes after all that? The Groundhog's Party!
That's about it for now. I'm all caught up on grading. Relaxing after my first workout session. Watching Steelers preseason football and Bob Pompeani. Matt's got a dog resting on his foot. Home...
No comments:
Post a Comment